Kangra miniature paintings appreciation course
The Kangra Arts Promotion Society and Voice of Himachal will be conducting an Arts Appreciation Course focusing on the Kangra school of paintings. The 3 day certificate course aims to introduce the participants to Kangra miniature art and take them through the evolution of this magnificent art form.
The course will cover:
- History of Kangra miniature paintings
- Famous works of the master Kangra artists
- Basic themes of Kangra paintings
- Fundamentals of Kangra art-colour mixing, brushes, how to make the basic lines, etc
- Key elements that differentiate Kangra art from other art-special paper, colours, thematic styles, etc
- Making Kangra miniature paintings
- Exhibition of Kangra paintings for the duration of the course
The course is being organised in a beautifully located campus, 6 kms from Dharamshala town. The campus offers all modern amenities to the participants including a training hall, cottages and a well equipped dinning hall. The course will be structured in a manner that participants will get ample opportunity to learn the art as well as visit places of interest in and around Dharamshala. Spread over 3 days the course will come as a welcome respite to people looking forward to an escape from the heat during this great Indian summer.
Date: 24th June to 26th June
No.of participants: 15
Venue: Jagori Campus at Sidhbari
VPO Rakkar Sidhbari
Tehesil Dharmsala, District Kangra
Himachal Pradesh 176057
- Accommodation at Jagori campus in Sidhbari, for 3 days (24th, 25th and 26th) and 3 nights (23rd, 24th and 25th) (residential)
- 2 seater and 3 seater rooms available (residential)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks through the 3 days (for non residential participants only lunch and snacks will be provided)
- Materials and other art resources for the course (provided for residential and non residential participants)
Rs 4500/- (Non residential)
Rs 5500/- (Residential)
This fee is not inclusive of transport arrangements
Participants will have an opportunity to meet and interact with the famous Kangra master artist Mr. Vijay Sharma. Mr Vijay Sharma is a distinguished art critic and has written the first-ever Hindi book tracing the history, expansion and other aspects of Kangra paintings, titled ‘Kangra Ki Chitrankan Parampara’. He received the National Award in 1990.
The master artists Mr. Dhani Ram and Mr. Mukesh Kumar will conduct the workshop and take participants through the intricacies of Kangra paintings. Mr Dhani Ram trains the students at the Chitera School of Art, conducting classes at the Kangra Art Museum while Mr Mukesh conducts his advanced classes at the Chamunda Devi temple.
Dr. Gautam Vyathit, is a renowned authority on folk arts and culture. Mr B.K. Agarwal, the President of KAPS, currently the Principal Resident Commissioner of the State of Himachal Pradesh in Delhi will also share his experiences and thoughts on the miniature art forms.
To register for the course send us an email at email@example.com with your Name, Address, Contact numbers. The participation will be confirmed only after the receipt of the registration fee.
Cheque / DD for the fee amount may be made in the name of “Voice of Himachal” and sent to:
Voice of Himachal
49, Civil Lines,
Himachal Pradesh-176 215
Online Bank Transfer may also be made to:
Voice of Himachal
Account No: 05241450000128
Branch: The Mall, Shimla
IFSC Code: HDFC0000524
For further details, contact: Mr. Varun Singh
Mobile No. : +91 98055 10111
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
Click on this link in order to make payment using your Credit/ Debit Card.