Currently very few genuine “disciples” of old Kangra Schools (Gharana) survive. Many of them work in obscurity and live on meager earnings through associations with temples or sales of cheap reproductions to the tourists. The commercial versions are knocked out with common paints and papers in a matter of hours. Kangra Miniature Art is thus a dying art today.
Our mission is to create an online repository of genuine Kangra Art paintings. We aspire to have our facility to house an Art Gallery and Chitera Art School. We have a budgeted expenditure of Rs. 1 Crore for the same.
Kangra Arts Promotion Society is registered with District Magistrate- cum- Registrar Societies Kangra at Dharamshala (HP) dated June 5, 2007 with registration number 4247. The companies are eligible to make donations to us under the provisions of the new Companies Act for their CSR activities.
You will certainly get an opportunity to conduct business in a responsible manner. It will give you recognition of a responsible brand and add another milestone to the bouquet of good work that your company has been undertaking. Any assistance by way of making monetary contribution would be highly appreciated and certainly strengthen our resolve.
The donations received will be used in the following manner:
- Scouting for young talent interested in becoming Kangra painting’s artist
- Providing scholarship to the students of this art during the course of their study with us
- Providing honorarium to the master artists working with Chitera, our art school
- Start construction of Gallery and Chitera Art School
We invite the general public to chip in by becoming an active member of the society or by making voluntary contribution.
- Life member: Rs.5,000/- Entitles one to be a lifetime member and the membership privileges are also extended to the spouse.
- Member: Rs.500/- per calendar year
- Friends of KAPS: Fee contribution is voluntary.